So, a few weeks ago we found out that I (Ridley) had been selected for promotion at work. It was bitter-sweet news; it had been my aim since joining the Royal Navy in 2000 to get to Commander, but at the same time it means leaving Canada and heading back to the UK (at least for a while).
We have absolutely loved living in Canada for the last 4 and a half years; we've explored some amazing places, given the boys some awesome experiences, and met lots of great people we're lucky enough to call life-long friends (you know who you are!).
It's hard to capture just how much we've done in Canada, so far we've:
- lived in two Capitals (Ottawa and Victoria);
- lived in our RV trailer for 6 weeks;
- visited 10 out of the 13 Provinces and Territories;
- driven from Coast to Coast;
- visited over 30 National and Provincial Parks;
- some of us have learned to swim, SUP, kayak, karate, sail, water-ski, ski, skate, and snowshoe (our activities don't have to begin with 's' or 'k', but it helps!);
- and lived through a global pandemic.